|Mar. 25th, 2007 02:45 pm Misc|
- I decided to sign up for another rock workshop at Blue Bear to hopefully kickstart me back into singing on a regular basis. This class focuses on contemporary bands, and is taught by Bill Spooner from The Tubes; I previously took an Intermediate Rock workshop from him. Mike will be playing guitar, his girlfriend Christina (shecanfilmit) bass, and, if he can work it out with his opera schedule, boyziggy might be able to join us on keyboards, which would be awesome. I'm already looking at possible songs; I prefer classic rock, but it will be good to be exposed to newer music, and Spooner has a very relaxed view of what counts as "contemporary" anyway ("anyone who's not dead yet!") which hopefully gives me leave to consider some late-80s and 90s tunes.
- I had a couple of pretty awful days in the last couple of weeks, and my mood is subdued as a result.
- I was hoping to do something to celebrate the first day of Spring, which I consider my personal New Year's Day, and the one holiday of sorts that I feel a bit spiritual about. Once again it came and went without recognition, and was quickly followed by one of those aforementioned awful days. I'm hoping that the longer days may lift my spirits ultimately.
- boyziggy did manage to lift my spirits by bringing home the DVD for Borat, which we watched for the first time the other night. I was literally rolling on the floor laughing, which was just what I needed. Some of the scenes were quite offensive, but one has to understand that the film was making a point (the lead actor being an observant Jew, after all).
- boyziggy has been working at the opera all week even though it's off season; they're building a new multimedia studio. Ironically, so am I, albeit with a much smaller budget. As a result we've been walking partway to work together again, which is great as we both need the exercise. I think I'm starting to lose weight again, but I've stopped weighing myself on a daily basis.
- I got a new Mac Pro tower at work so that I could move my old G5 to the multimedia studio I'm building, and install Parallels and Windows on it so I could retire my old noisy PC as well. So far Parallels works beautiful with Windows XP Pro. The only real problem I've had is not getting my Treo to sync properly; it begins the process, but always times out partway through. I hope I can get this problem resolved because it's really important for me to keep my calendar in sync, but if not there's a workaround I may be able to do involving iCal and a third-party program (GroupCal) which I've tried previously. USB2 support is pretty new in Parallels, so I'm optimistic they'll work out the kinks eventually.
- I've been playing a lot of Nethack, and getting rather good at it, for whatever that's worth. I have five ascensions so far on NAO (a public server), but am going to try to stop playing for awhile so I can focus more on my music and other more productive activities.
Current Mood: blah3 notes - Make notes