|Sep. 11th, 2007 12:07 pm Misc|
- I'm home sick today. I think it's just a 24-hour thing; I wanted a day of rest to head off something worse as I have two concerts to attend this week and a concert of my own to perform next Monday.2 notes - Make notes
- I successfully avoided strangling the other singer in our last rehearsal last night, despite her arriving over an hour late (though the traffic was unusually bad due the football game, I'll grant), missing entrances and otherwise screwing up the form for songs, and making what came dangerously close to a racist remark when we were discussing the lyrics to the Stevie Wonder tune "I Wish", concerning being "nappy-headed" - I won't go into details as it may sound petty and confusing, but anyone who knows me well knows that I have major hair issues and do not play the race card lightly. 'Nuff said.
- I had a good conversation with thomwatson about the future of my work in our department and my career in general. I definitely want to steer away from programming/sysadmin and more toward multimedia. I'm to find some classes in Flash and in videography, and hopefully become more comfortable behind the videocamera as I may be doing more shooting and not just editing.
- Mark from the Shim Sham Rebellion finally got back to me about the photos I took at their concert in Berkeley last month, so I've made them public.
- I never got word from the Mime Troupe about the photos I took of their show back on opening weekend in July, but since their Bay Area performance season is over I've gone ahead and made them public too.
- I will have a photo in an exhibit for the first time ever, at the Faculty and Staff Art Show, October 1-5 on the UCSF Parnassus campus. The theme, "Elements of the Sea", fit well with one of my best and favorite photos, "Sand, Sea, Sky", from my honeymoon with boyziggy in Puerto Peñasco, Mexico. So I got a print and nice frame from ImageKind. The opening reception will be October 1 at 5 p.m., and I'll be mailing out some formal invitations.
- In addition to my R&B concert next Monday, I have a recital coming up on October 17 at the Octavia Lounge, for which I'm preparing a few jazz songs. More details to come closer to the date.