- Everyone is friendly and helpful.
- I have the structure I've been seeking: Both technical and project managers, and a structured way of dealing with code and site planning.
- The office has many gourmet tea drinkers. We have an electric water kettle, and I can bring my teamaker in too if I want.
- (Good but dangerous) Little baskets of Ghiradelli chocolate squares throughout the office :-)
- Windoze desktop, though it's not nearly as awful as I expected. It's fast and my boss even gave me a second monitor which I didn't ask for. (I did ask for a trackball, which is being ordered.)
- The commute, which is about as bad as I expected in the afternoon, though has been pretty smooth in the mornings thus far. Really don't like relying on the N Judah but there's no other logical way to get there.
- We don't have a water cooler?!?
- We can't get personal deliveries shipped to the office. Considering how much I've been relying on mail order for the past umpteen years - not only for better prices, but to get things that simply don't exist locally, like my favorite tea blend - this is Very Bad. boyziggy goes back to work full-time soon, and the Opera doesn't want people getting personal deliveries either. We have neither a porch nor a doorman. I'm really not sure what to do about this.
More observations to come...