|Jul. 10th, 2008 07:54 pm Vacation at home upcoming!|
Tomorrow afternoon, boyziggy and I are off to Mendocino for a weekend at the Stanford Inn, a lovely vegetarian B&B we last visited on our first anniversary, three years ago. We were hoping for a longer vacation together, but Ziggy's work schedule only allows us this weekend (he had already made plans to be in New York this week before he found out the rest of his usual month off was booked).2 notes - Make notes
I am looking forward to the getaway, but also to the following week, when I am taking my own vacation at home! I don't like traveling and especially not alone, so I'm just going to enjoy some time off and also try to get some things done, including:
- Finish building out my funcrunchphoto.com web site
- Design and order new business cards for same (Moo has regular-sized business cards now!)
- Start working on a business plan, including pricing structure for my photos
- Find and assemble all my photos that have been printed in recent publications (so far: 7x7 Magazine, West Coast Performer, and several Blue Bear School of Music newsletters)
- Select and order framed print(s) for upcoming UCSF art exhibit
- Reorganize my hard disks (just ordered a 2TB drive for backups alone)
- Practice the bass!
- Buy: a watch (tired of digging out my cell phone to view the time), a new wallet (mine has been the butt of George Castanza jokes for some time), a tuner and new strap for my bass
I'm sure I'm forgetting some things - but that's OK, I want to leave plenty of time to relax, socialize, and play Nethack too. ;-)
|Date:||July 11th, 2008 03:14 am (UTC)|| |
FWIW, I really like the Timex Ironman watches that have the laptimers. They've gotten a bit harder to find, I got my current one at REI.
When I'm on a training ride, I have set markers where I hit the lap timer and that way I get segment times.