1. I have played musical instruments since I was 3, starting with the violin and piano. I still play piano, sing, and now play the electric bass guitar as well.
2. My first paying job was playing piano for musical theater classes at the Pittsburgh Playhouse, at age 16.
3. My first (and only, so far) paid singing gig was performing at the opening of the Berkeley Arts Festival with the Albany Jazz Project in the year 2001. (We split $200, I got $15. :-P )
4. I have been registered at various times as Democratic, Republican, Green, and Decline to State.
5. I wrote for a conservative newspaper in college.
6. I was threatened with violence after writing an editorial about race relations for that newspaper.
5. I was a National Merit and National Achievement scholar in high school.
6. I won a full fellowship to UC Berkeley for graduate study in Jurisprudence and Social Policy at the Boalt School of Law. I was also accepted for admission to the JD program.
7. I dropped out of graduate school after only five months as I came down with chronic fatigue syndrome and was too ill to study.
8. I was a local spelling bee champion in middle school, and placed 35th in Western Pennsylvania.
9. I like a number of mixed drinks but dislike wine and beer, with two exceptions found so far: sweet late-harvest Riesling (white wine), and framboise lambic (raspberry beer). For me, when it comes to alcoholic beverages, the sweeter the better.
10. I do not have any piercings, not even my ears.
11. I almost never wear cosmetics. I'll put on makeup for Halloween once in awhile but I usually regret it.
12. I very rarely wear dresses, skirts, or high-heeled shoes.
13. I love cats, but have not owned any pets since high school.
14. I have been strictly vegetarian since age 22 (1992). I have eaten dairy and eggs on and off since then but no animal flesh, bones, skin, or other body parts.
15. I have been an atheist since age 16 (1986). I wrote a song at the time, called "Virginia", about my "conversion" experience; I hope to complete and record it some day.
16. I have identified as Buddhist since age 22 (1992), and as semi-pagan for part of that time, but these labels may be changing.
17. I completed a half-marathon in January 2000. I registered for but did not complete a full marathon that year, topping out at 18 miles in training.
18. I've been on local television at least five times, in three different states, usually doing something music-related.
19. From January 1993 to October 2008 I worked full-time without a break in service, in eight different positions on two different campuses but all for the same employer: the University of California.
20. My first personal computer was a Commodore VIC-20, with 5K of RAM. My current computer is a Mac Pro tower with 2GB of RAM.
21. I learned to write HTML at a Berkeley Macintosh User Group meeting, and put up my first web site in 1994.
22. I once had a temperature of 107 when I was four years old. I don't remember anything about it, but I'm told I was unconscious and having seizures.
23. My mother and I are both only children, but her mother had twelve brothers and sisters.
24. I met my husband boyziggy through a personal ad on Craigslist.
25. I had 20/13 vision in 9th grade. By senior year of college, I needed glasses.
I'm not tagging anyone, but if you do this meme based on reading mine, please leave a comment here so I can read yours...