|Jan. 29th, 2009 10:53 am Misc|
- I haven't run for over a week as that skinned knee I suffered last Wednesday has been bothering me more than I expected. I'll bring it up when I go to the doctor's this afternoon. I really want to start running again! I just bought a spiffy new watch specifically geared toward runners, which will make run-walk interval runs easier once I get back on the roads.3 notes - Make notes
- Despite the reduced exercise, I have not regained weight. I'm down to 136. I've been monitoring my diet carefully, and I have reduced appetite since I'm working out less (though I'm still doing my stretches and crunches). I still don't feel deprived though, and have even enjoyed some treats like a really yummy chocolate cake boyziggy made (vegan, but definitely not lowfat) and the ridiculously tasty raspberry lambic the lovely inflectionpoint brought over again at my request. :-)
- Rehearsals for band workshop continue to go well. We learned a new song this week, and I muddled through despite not having a note-for-note chart, which was a first for me. I mentioned to Steve that I might need help, but he said "just play the roots", which I mostly did. He basically ignored me, despite the fact I played a number of wrong notes in that and the other songs we practiced. We also chose a name for our band: "Two Fifths". (My suggestion, "Naive Melodies" based on the subtitle for one of the songs we're doing, lost by one vote.) We should find out our show date and time (March 30, 31, or April 1) by next week.
- I've been watching current and old episodes of The Biggest Loser and DietTribe. I've become very interested in the topic of obesity, not just for personal reasons but from a sociological perspective. I'm toying with the idea of doing formal research in this area, but I'm hampered by my lack of aptitude in science.
- My 39th birthday is coming up next Tuesday. I'm not too thrilled about getting older, but happy that I'm getting in shape at least, and looking forward to wearing my short-shorts and bikini on our fabulous vegan vacation in Costa Rica.
- My mother sent me a very generous early birthday present, with which I have ordered camera supplies - external flash with diffuser and batteries, and another 16GB CF card - and plan to buy new hiking and running shoes.
- I've been thinking more about spirituality recently, and thinking I'm more pagan- than Buddhist-oriented in some ways. But I still consider myself an atheist. For me, deifying nature in a way that ascribes human qualities to it diminishes its glory. I'm still working through these thoughts.