Pax (funcrunch) wrote,


Saturday morning I was not in a great mood, as Steve could tell during my bass lesson. He made some insightful comments about my attitude and situation, which I need to sit with and then act upon. We also talked about the set list for my upcoming recital; it looks like my former jazz teacher Jim Peterson will be available to join us on the sax, which should be great.

After my lesson I met up with euneeblic. We had lunch at Ananda Fuara, played some tunes on guitar and bass, and hung out for awhile. Had some good discussion about religion and spirituality as well. I'm definitely going to be making some changes to my self-identification and labeling in that regard.

Sunday morning boyziggy made scrumptious banana pecan muffins (vegan and oil-free) and we hung out with inflectionpoint, watching YouTube videos, giggling and relaxing. Later Ziggy made a pizza entirely from scratch, sauce, crust, and all - also vegan and oil-free - he's on quite a cooking kick nowadays. I think the McDougall trip really inspired him.

After dinner I went to Amnesia to see Tango No. 9 and Orchestra Nostalgico, the latter of which Steve was a part of. I felt overheated and uncomfortable for the first hour or so, carrying my heavy coat around the crowded bar and not knowing anyone there. By the time Steve's band started I'd had a couple of drinks and had found a place to stash my coat. I loosened up and eventually began dancing with an older fellow who was quite energetic despite one arm being in a cast. The music, mostly based on film scores, was quite fun to listen to.

Between having a glass of wine at dinner and two soju cocktails at the bar, I was pretty tipsy by the time I left, around 12:15 a.m. I phoned Ziggy, who tried to help me navigate home by checking live bus arrival times, as I'd missed the last BART train. I just missed the 49, got on the 14 instead, and got off around 7th and Mission. I started walking along Mission, passed the Metreon, and kept going, wondering why Market Street wasn't getting any closer. By the time I got to 1st I realized my error. I was too stubborn to take a cab, and walked about two miles home from there, at 1 a.m. in the rain. I felt oddly good though - invincible, even if perhaps foolishly so.
Tags: bass, concert, singing

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment