So many thanks to all the volunteers who helped Ziggy and I put this together:
- zyxwvut the most excellent and comedic MC (reprising his role from the wedding)
- Carolyn A and her friend for helping with the webcast and a bit of everything else
- Jeff N for running the sound board
- Chris and Calvin for donating their excellent videography talent
- blackberry74 for tending the (non-alcoholic) bar
- davidhanddotnet and lrc for photography (Larry's photos, Dave's photos)
- plymouth and shoutingboy for door duty
- Bob, Karen, and members of the Mime Troupe collective for helping set up the space and build the stage
Philip Gelb from In the Mood for Food provided incredibly delicious vegan goodies for the event, which we augmented with yummy vegan cakes (one gluten-free) from Sugar Plum in Sacramento.
The evening's entertainment was provided by more wonderful friends:
- zahraa performed a belly dance (also reprising her role from the wedding reception)
- zyxwvut performed comedy, both original material and covers
- musicalmuse999 sang and played original songs on guitar
- obadiah played sitar
- Steve Kirk played guitar and sang, and taught me everything I know on bass :-)
- I, funcrunch, sang, played bass, and piano
- boyziggy played keyboard and sang, including an original composition about me :-)
- The Ramblers played classic rock and R&B
- laughingstone and Bill M sang and played original songs on guitar
- Delicate Pie played amazing Led Zeppelin covers
We had a jam session at the end (after midnight!), at which mike20, Mike F, Donna O, Spencer, and myself did a few tunes.
I really hope I'm not forgetting anyone. It was quite a whirlwind of a night. Thanks to everyone who came to help me celebrate my first four decades on Earth. I should have a video of the event edited and available in a couple of weeks.