Truth is, I do find some joy in running. It's just not (usually) in the effort itself, but in the things I experience along the way. So, here are some happy things from today's (warm, slow) run:
- Glimpsing seal heads bobbing at Aquatic Park.
- Viewing the Golden Gate Bridge in full sunshine.
- Seeing my destination, the Palace of Fine Arts, in the distance, upon cresting the hill at Fort Mason.
- Finding out (via a sign) that there's a farmers' market at Fort Mason on Sunday mornings.
- Spontaneously running through a sprinkler to cool off.
- Watching lots of fit, shirtless men also out for a run.