Here's a select, categorized list of entries and links I posted over this past month.
Each week I featured a different food from Dr. McDougall's list of starch staples.
I described my volunteer work: Growing, cooking, and distributing vegan food to the hungry.
- Food Not Bombs
- The Free Farm
- The Free Farm Stand
Various cooking-related topics not covered under Starch Staples above.
- Soy and nut milk making
- Oil-free baking
- Chocolate chip cookies
Entries not already listed above.
- Introduction and resources
- Bulk buying
- Fitness nutrition for everyday vegans
- Source vegetarian restaurant
- Faking it? (fake meat and dairy)
- Feeding hubby
- Feeding sweetie
- Sweet endings (candy)
Alphabetical list of featured and linked recipes, both mine and others'.
- Black Bean Brownies (Happy Herbivore)
- Broccoli Pasta
- Brown Rice (Basic cooking method by Steve Pavlina)
- Butter Bean Cookies (Happy Herbivore)
- Carrot Dogs (FatFreeVegan)
- Curried Chickpeas and Kale (FatFreeVegan)
- "Fried" Rice
- Garlicky Kale Salad (McDougall forums)
- Mexican Salad
- Nutty Fruity Quinoa
- Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie (Happy Herbivore)
- Oatmeal Muffins (Happy Herbivore)
- Okara Brownies (SparkRecipes)
- Open-Faced PB&B
- Potatoes with Kale (Dr. Andrew Weil)
- Potato Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Rice and Beans
- Rice with Fruit
- Rice Pudding
- Sweet Potato Dal (Happy Herbivore)
- Tofu and Beet Greens (Dr. Andrew Weil)
- Yammy Corn Muffins
Links to products and information not already listed in the Introduction and resources post.
- The Mcdougall Quick and Easy Cookbook (John and Mary McDougall)
- Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness (Scott Jurek)
- Simply Vegan (Debra Wasserman)
Cookware and food:
- Adagio Teas
- Chocolate Decadence vegan chocolates
- OXO BPA-free containers
- HIC Brands that Cook silicone muffin pans
- Silicone Solutions baking sheets
- Silicone Solutions cake pans
- Soyajoy G3 soy and nut milk maker
- Wonderslim cocoa
- In The Mood For Food vegan catering by Philip Gelb
- The Vegan Training Table (fellow VeganMofo blogger and McDougaller)
Thanks for reading, and hope you'll come back for VeganMofo 2013!