1. Elaborate on your default icon.
It's myself as a Lego figurine, created at reasonablyclever.com. Full version of myself and some friends also available.
2. What's your current relationship status?
In a happy open marriage to boyziggy; no serious secondary or other relationships at this time.
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
4. Name an obvious quality you have?
Good question, I vary too much day to day; ask my friends.
5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
"Beginnings" from Chicago Transit Authority.
6. Any celeb you would marry?
I haven't even had a crush on an actual celeb for quite some time. Oh, unless you count Josh Kornbluth, but he's already taken. ;-)
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
Sigh, probably no one...
8. Name someone with the same birthday as you:
zahraa. And Felix Mendelssohn.
9. Do you have a crush on someone?
Yes, nearly always...
10. Have you ever vandalized someone's private property?
11. Have you ever been in a fight?
12. Have you ever sung in front of a large audience?
Define "large". I have sung in front of dozens of people on several occasions, mostly for jazz workshop performances.
13. What's the first thing you notice about people of the OPPOSITE sex?
Voice first, then eyes perhaps.
14. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
Soy chai latte or soy peppermint hot chocolate.
15. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
16. Say something totally random about yourself.
If there is any good bread in the house, I tend to eat it to the exclusion of all other food until it is gone.
17. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
A co-worker once said I looked like the twin girls on the WB show Sister Sister, which I did not take particularly as a compliment. I would like to think that if I lost 50 pounds, I might vaguely resemble Halle Berry. :-)
18. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
Yes, a Timex digital memo sports watch with seven separate alarms and lots of other features.
19. Do you have anything pierced?
No, and don't plan to, not even my ears. Piercings are a turn-off for me.
20. Do you have any tattoos?
No, and don't plan to.
21. Do you like pain?
I have a great aversion to pain.
22. Do you like to shop?
Only occasionally, for computers and gadgets, online. I wasn't given the female shopping gene so I hate shopping for clothes, housewares etc.
23. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Two overpriced strawberry pop tarts from the office vending machine.
24. What was the last thing you paid for with a credit card?
Groceries at Whole Paycheck.
25. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
My husband boyziggy.
26. What is on your desktop background?
Which desktop? My home Mac has the Van Gogh painting Mountains at Saint-Remy. My work Mac has a rotating selection of nature photographs taken by me. My work PC has a rotating selection of nature photographs taken by Philip Greenspun. I think my home PC has the Rousseau painting The Sleeping Gypsy as its desktop but I haven't turned it on in months so I'm not sure.
27. What is the background on your cell phone?
Just a dial pad; I haven't even tried to customize it.
28. Do you like redheads?
They can be quite sexy. So can brunettes, blondes etc.
29. Do you know any twins?
Not currently, but I have in the past.
30. Do you have any weird relatives?
Define "weird". My grandmother used to say that she was psychic...
31. What was the last movie you watched?
32. What was the last book you read?
Recently re-read the entire Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.
33. Did you or are you planning to go to college?
I graduated from Northwestern University with a BA in American Culture.
34. What is your favorite pair of pants that you own?
Currently, my khaki colored jeans because they actually fit.
35. Do you like to party?
Not frequently. I prefer one-on-ones or small groups of friends.
36. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Realistically, doing pretty much the same as I am now - web programming and video editing for a living, singing on the side. There is some comfort in routines.